Schiit Valhalla也能換管玩了

所有形式耳機與耳機驅動器相關討論,耳機系統專區.

版主: aeolusyung, zhang230631, suzumiyaminami

Schiit Valhalla也能換管玩了

文章palchiu 發表於 週一 7月 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Jason Stoddard 寫:Hey all,

A quick announcement: we've made some changes to the Valhalla so you can swap different input tubes. Now, in addition to the 6N1P, you can run all 6DJ8 type tubes, including the NOS GE 6BZ7s, 6922s, E88CCs, and 6N23Ps!

Best of all, if you purchased a Valhalla from Schiit or an authorized reseller since May 1, 2012, you've already got the rollable Valhalla! So, have fun with swapping the input tubes and let us know what you think.

In true Schiit fashion, we have a short FAQ about the new Valhalla here:

Q: So why go rollable now?
A: Because the Tube Rolling God reached down and touched our forehead, and we have converted fully to the Rolling Faith. Or not. The real reason is simply ongoing product refinement and testing. Beginning early this year, we built up a few rollable Valhallas to experiment with, and we ended up liking the sound quite a bit better than the non-rollable ones. So we decided to roll (heh, heh) this into production.

Q: Does this mean Valhalla can now drive my LCD-2s?

A: Not a chance. For orthos, there's Lyr, Mjolnir, and Asgard. Valhalla is a great amp for 300 and 600 ohm headphones, and is synergistic with some lower-impedance headphones, but it's really happiest with high impedance cans.

Q: What is the standard tube complement?
A: Unchanged: 6N1P and 6N6P. We still think this is a fine combo for the Valhalla. The GE 6BZ7s are a little more transparent, but the midrange quality of the 6N1P trumps it (in our opinion.)

Q: Damnit, now I have to buy, like, a bazillion dollars worth of tubes!
A: Nope. You don't have to do a thing. However, now you have the option of experimenting with different tubes.

Q: Can I upgrade an older Valhalla to be rollable?

A: Yes, but it's not a simple upgrade. The entire PC board must be replaced. We're still working out the cost for this. Contact us if you're interested.

All the best,

Jason

新版的Valhalla也能換管, 挺有趣的. :worship:
耳機新手 ><" Ultra Low-Fi靜電系統使用中
頭像
palchiu
SR125
SR125

文章: 418
註冊時間: 週日 12月 19, 2004 1:20 pm

回到 新耳機系統討論版

誰在線上